Best NHL Betting Sites USA
Every punter in the United States is taking an interest in NHL betting. Every year, the NHL attracts new people because of the sheer energy and excitement that comes with the league. If you follow how religiously and know all the teams’ weaknesses and strengths, why not profit from your passion by betting on the NFL? This page is solely committed to teaching beginner bettors on the nitty-gritty details of NHL betting, with the best tips, tricks, and top betting options available for NHL punters in the USA.
There are quite a lot of NHL betting lines available at the top USA sports betting sites we feature. Regardless of how you would like to place the wager on who will be winning the Super Bowl this year, or the total number of touch downs your favourite player will be throwing in their next match, the best betting sites in the USA we feature have it all!
Top NHL Betting Sites 2020
|CASINO||WELCOME BONUS||MORE INFO||PLAY||Intertops Best USA Sports Betting|
|BET NOW Intertops||Bovada Online Sports Betting Website|
|BET NOW Bovada||Xbet US Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Xbet||Sports Betting - Best Sports Betting USA|
|BET NOW Sports Betting||BetOnline US Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Betonline||MyBookie USA Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW MyBookie||SportsBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Sports Bet||SportsBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW GT Bets||FantasyBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Fantasy Bet||SportsBet Sports Betting Site|
|BET NOW Wager Web||Betnow Sportsbook|
|BET NOW Bet Now||Betnow Sportsbook|
|BET NOW Youwager|
NHL Betting Lines
Like many other sporting codes in the world, there are various betting options that bettors can use to when they want to place wagers on their favourite NHL teams. Some betting options are more complicated than others, but all of them provide as much fun and intensity as the game on the rink.
Moneyline Bets – What are Moneyline Bets?
In hockey and many other sports games in the world, the money line bet is one of the most accessible forms of betting that is available. In a money line bet it is a case of choosing which team you think will win. In other betting lines the time the victory happened is critical, the money line bet doesn’t concern itself with that. If you bet on the winning team, the payout will remain the same whether it happened in overtime or the regulated time.
The money line bet is usually represented with positive or negative numbers which bookies will attribute to the different teams. The figures show the chances of the teams winning against the other side based on a lot of factors like star player injuries, standing position etc.
A positive money line means that the team has been deemed the underdog by the oddsmakers while a negative number shows that the team is the most favoured in the sportsbook.
Betting on the NHL – Three-way Moneyline Bets
This betting option takes into account that there may be overtime on a particular game. NHL Bettors sometimes refer to this option as the 60-minute line. Three-way money line allows bettors to bet on whether a game will end in a regulated draw or not. That means that to get a payout your team must win within the regulated time. This gives you better odds of winning; however, once there is overtime, then the bet is voided.
Puck line Bets
This betting option was created to help teams that don’t measure up to the stronger teams. In this line, goals will be added or subtracted depending on the number that has been affixed to the team in the sportsbooks. Favourite teams will always get the (-1.5) number attributed to them which means whatever their final score, the bookies will subtract 1.5 goals from the team. While the underdog will be given the +1.5 symbol and will have accordingly have the 1.5 goals added to their final score. This means that the favoured team has to win by two or more games and the underdogs cannot lose by two or more games.
Game Total Bets
This form of betting can sometimes be called to as the goal total depending on the sportsbook you have chosen. This bet aims to guess the total score of both teams combined. The game-totals bet is similar to the over/under betting line that is available in other sporting codes. As a punter, you will have to bet whether the total score will be over or under the set number in the sportsbook.
Experienced bettors view parlay betting as one the favourite ways to turn a profit when betting on the NHL. In a parlay bet, there is a slew of smaller bets that have been combined to make a big bet. You can join two stakes and create a two-leg parlay or join three bets and create a three-leg parlay. It is essential to keep in mind that as the number of legs increase so do the odds that have been offered.
Best NHL Betting Tips
Our expert team of gamblers at Best USA Betting Sites have come up with some of the best tips for USA punters when betting on the NHL. These are:
- Have a flexible betting portfolio – when looking at NHL betting lines, ensure that you do not only focus on money line bets. There’s a lot of cash that can also be won on puck lines as well as totals, if you’re keen on learning how to.
- Consider betting on live matches – Placing bets on live games is a great way to make extra winnings for yourself. Though we highly do not recommend players to make any rushed decisions when it comes to choosing betting options, we do however encourage US players to make the most out of them, in the event that there’s a chance to.
- Focus mainly on the defense – in many cases, good defense lines always bring better results as compared to good offense lines. So, we advise USA punters to pay more attention to teams that have a good defense. These teams tend to go further in the NHL league than those that just focus on building a good offense.
- Concentrate on Line Changes – as a sports bettor, we believe you know how important it is to keep track of the betting lines as they change often. So, make sure that you pay attention to the betting line changes so that you can capitalize on them as much as possible.
Top NHL Hockey Rules
Just like in many sporting events, there are general terms and conditions that players must abide by. So, below are some of the typical NHL rules that punters in the US must know:
- American gamblers must know that all the bets are based on the regular length of the match. Overtime scores do not in any way have an effect on the punter’s initial bet.
- If a player wants the individual bets to apply, they must be present in the field of the match or they can just risk being considered as a ‘non-runner’.
- Total bets and the winning scores are all calculated on the chosen period unless it’s stated otherwise. This refers to the first, second or third period bets placed on ice hockey.
- The regular season bet’s outright winner will only be considered valid, after all the participating teams have played all of their matches.
Our guide on NHL betting in the USA covers all the different types of bets you can find online. While gamblers will get different betting lines and different betting odds from various sportsbooks, the overall premise remains the same. So, why not visit any of our top rated nhl betting sites we feature and start betting on your favourite team today!